Kolonia Town retailers renew their efforts for responsible alcohol sales and service
- Category: News
- Published: Monday, 23 January 2017 09:47
- Written by Kpress
- Hits: 1190
Central Union of Young Adults
December 22, 2016
Kolonia, Pohnpei—Some Kolonia Town alcohol and liquor licensees are renewing their efforts to establish responsible alcohol sales programs at their businesses in our community.
Recently, the Central Union for Young Adults of Kolonia town or CUYA has been in contact with alcohol licensees in our community to show their support for retailers who act responsibly when it comes to alcohol sales. Responsible alcohol service programs include these types of policies and procedures:
- Information about laws and penalties
- Information indicating the importance of avoiding sales to minors to protect the health and well-being of everyone in the community
- An emphasis on proper management techniques and policies to encourage compliance with the law
- Information on how to recognize false IDs Tips on how to refuse a sale safely
National research shows that these types of programs help reduce alcohol sales to underage youth. Also, these programs help protect licensees and their employees as well. In the coming weeks, CUYA or Central Union for Young Adults of Kolonia Town and the Kolonia Town Police department will be highlighting Kolonia retailers that are working to make sure these policies are consistently followed.
For more information, contact: Chief of Police, KTG at 320-2090